Flax Seed Crackers
Easy and delicious.
|50 ml||flax seed||1/4 cup|
|50 ml||ground flax seed||1/4 cup|
|375 ml||all-purpose flour||1 1/2 cups|
|2 ml||baking powder||1/2 tsp|
|2 ml||salt||1/2 tsp|
|20 ml||margarine or butter, softened||4 tsp|
|125 ml||skim milk||1/2 cup|
- In a bowl of a stand-up mixer, add flax seed, ground flax, flour, baking powder, salt and margarine or butter. With the paddle attachment, mix on low speed until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Stir in milk and mix until mixture forms a soft dough. (You can also mix the dough by hand.)
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into quarters. Turn out onto a lightly floured board. Roll out very thin to a rectangle 2 mm (1/16 inch) thick. Cut into 6 cm (2 Ѕ inch) squares.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remainder of the dough.
- Preheat oven to 160° C (325° F).
- Bake 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
Onion: 15 mL (1 tbsp) powdered onion soup mix.
Cheese: 250 mL (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese.
Italian: 15 mL (1 tbsp) oregano and 250 mL (1 cup) grated mozzarella cheese.
Yield: 24 crackers
Serving Size: 1 – 6 x 6 cm (2 Ѕ x 2 Ѕ inch) cracker
Single Serving Nutrient Values
|Protein||1.7 g||Potassium||66 mg|
|Carbohydrate||7.9 g||Folate||14 mg|