What’s the Best Nutrition Advice?
The best nutrition advice is to follow North American dietary guidelines. These guidelines for a healthful diet offer advice for healthy people two years of age or more. By following the dietary guidelines, you can enjoy better health and reduce your chances of getting certain diseases – such as heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, certain cancers, and the most common type of diabetes. These guidelines are the best, most up-to-date advice from nutrition experts.
- Eat a variety of foods.
- Maintain healthy weight.
- Choose a diet low in fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
- Choose a diet with plenty of vegetables, fruits, and grain products.
- Use sugars only in moderation.
- Use salt only in moderation.
- If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation.